Wireless Lifeline Program
Affordable Telephone Service.
IT&E provides mobile phone service to income eligible residents as part of the government funded Lifeline Assistance program. Lifeline is intended to help individuals experiencing financial hardship to stay connected to family members, schools and child care providers.
Customers applying for Wireless Lifeline Program must present one supporting document below:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Customers who do not receive any of the federal assistance above may still qualify for the Wireless Lifeline Program if their annual household income meets the 135% Federal Poverty Level.
|Number in household||135% of Federal Poverty Level|
|for each additional member add||$4,180|
- Click here to download the IT&E Lifeline Application
- Click here to download the IT&E Lifeline Recertification
You must provide supporting documents when submitting your application or recertification to your nearest IT&E location.